Search with Google

Monday, April 14, 2008

Gordon's Brown Vaisakhi message

14 April 2003. Vaisakhi news from UK.
See what I have stumbled upon...Prime Minister's Vaisakhi message to the Sikh community below.
"I am pleased to send my very best wishes to the British Sikh community for the festival of Vaisakhi.
I know that British Sikhs have made a great contribution to the economic, cultural and political life of the United Kingdom and I firmly believe that your faith and culture have brought tremendous strengths and benefits to our society.
Vaisakhi demonstrates the enduring values of the Sikh community - a belief in equality, social justice, tolerance and respect for other religions and faiths. These are values shared by the wider British community and I am delighted to have this opportunity to send you my best wishes at this special time."

No comments: